Our Christmas trees are up so its only right we should start creating some Christmas treats. Thought we would kick off with these cute little Christmas tree cupcakes. They were plain cupcakes covered in butter cream icing coloured with green food dye and then decorated with sweets.
You will need
150g cater sugar
150g of self raising flour
Butter cream icing
Mini sweets to decorate cakes
1. Place the margarine and sugar together in a bowl and beat until pale and fluffy.
2. Gradually beat the eggs into the mixture.
3. Sieve the flour into the egg, sugar and margarine mixture and then gently fold the mixture together.
4. Place the mixture into baking cases, in this instance we used small and large cases so that we had different sized trees. Bake in the oven until lightly golden.
5.Using a piping bag and star shaped nozzle cover the cakes in green butter cream icing.
6. Finally decorate the cakes with lots of goodies.